Monday, July 30, 2018

Surfing Unicorn, Window Shaker Card

  Today I have a birthday card to show you! I made this card for my daughters friend. They are always in the pool with floaties, just hanging out and having fun. My card was inspired by the little personalities that these girls behold.




  I used Lawn fawn stamps in this card, they are just so fun and adorable. The unicorn is from "Costume Party", the duck is from "Rub-A-Dub-Dub", The narwhal and seahorse are from "Mermaid For You", the otter and hearts are from "Christmas Like No Otter" and the coral is from "Critters in the Sea". The patterned paper I used is from Doodle Bug. I used Canson XL watercolor paper to do some water coloring on. The die cuts that I used are also by Lawn Fawn. You can see here a stitched rectangle for the card front, a stitched wave and a surfboard-like shape. The stitched wave that I used was die cut from poka dotted paper. I used a die cut that pairs with the Lawn Fawn stamp set "Life is Good" and placed it upside down to make it appear like a surfboard. It is so cool what you can do with your dies by just thinking out of the box.



 To color the stamped images I used Copic markers. I love the little duckie that is peeking its head under the water and the little girl in the unicorn costume is just so cool surfing on her board.  The water coloring was done with Gansai Tambi paints. I had used a minty green color, 3 different hues of blue  and a silver color. I carried the color flow throughout the top of the card by flicking the paints with my brush.


  You can see these beautiful sequins by Pretty Pink Posh up close in this image. I had used Lawn Fawn's chunky glitter to add some variety of sparkle. To make this card a shaker I had to die cut a rectangle window through the front of my card. I was then able to seal the shaker elements in between 2 pieces of acetate.


  I thought that the Lawn fawn sentiment "to a friend like no otter" was a perfect fit for this card. The sentiment is from the Lawn Fawn stamp set "Christmas Like No Otter". I had stamped the sentiment on a stitched die cut circle for interest. 

I hope you enjoyed this card, it was so much fun to make! thanks for stopping by!











No comments:

Post a Comment