Wednesday, July 18, 2018

A Neon Claw Machine

  Today I am Showing off a fun card that I made using Lawn Fawn stamps from the sets "Clawsome" and "Screen Time"!  Some of my cards I may make just for fun, but others are for special occasions.  Now today's card has a cute story behind it.


 I had purchased this stamp set after my eight year old daughter pointed out to me that we just had to have it. She just loves claw machines and stuffed animals, plus I think her spirit animal may just be a unicorn.  Every time we go to a claw machine there is never just two quarters put in for one play. You always wind up spending about $5 for that one special toy.  well as you can see this little person critter had a ton of fun pulling out that unicorn.



   The background of my card was made using distress oxides with a star stencil from MFT stamps and I had water colored the floor in. I colored all my stamped images in using copic markers.

  I wanted to color in neon lights around the claw machine to do this i had to draw a border around it. For the lights I  used a darker marker in the center and than my medium and lightest copic surrounding the darker color. Just play around with your copics because there are a lot of neat looks you can attain.

   I used a masking  technique for my big pile of teddy bears. This is quite easy to do and there are lots of videos out there to become a masking professional! I colored the teddy bears in giving them a cute stuffed animal look. After this I colored in the girl giving her a poca dotted shirt and jeans. I wanted the unicorn to stand out so I colored it in with the same colors used in the bears and for the horn a touch of dark pink, orange, and green.

  After my coloring was done  I adhered the claw machine with glue and than added some vellum over the window. This gave it a great look while not letting the bears inside stand out so much.  I adhered the girl over the teddy bears and than popped them up with foam squares to give some dimension. The unicorn was adhered with glue dots for a touch of dimension. I finished the claw machine off using a wink of stella pen and glossy accents over the stars, control stick and buttons. I had also used wink of stella on the unicorn's horn and the nose area. For a final touch I added some sequins and chunky glitter from Lawn Fawn. This was such a fun card to make and I hope you were inspired in some way.

  This card will be given to my daughter who inspired me to make it. It will make a cute decoration on her shelf. I hope you enjoyed reading and please put down any questions or thoughts below.

  Thanks for stopping by!

 

     

No comments:

Post a Comment