Friday, July 6, 2018

Fourth of July: Lawn Fawn Stars in the Galaxy

   I had a relaxing 4th of July. There was a possibility of the fireworks getting rained out so we just stayed at home. We ate some good grub and made some s'mores. I hope everyone had a safe and relaxing 4th of July with the Family!


  I have 2 cards today with a galaxy rainbow feel to it. My first one is pretty simple just make your background and do some die cutting (I used Lawn Fawn Dies). I was in the mood to celebrate 4th of July using stars. This is more of an artsy 4th of July card.


Inlaid Star Die Cutting



  I used Gansai watercolors for my galaxy background, i applied each color with my silverbrush. after the colors are dry apply black in some areas. Once dry I could do the next step (inlay die cutting) . I die cut 2 of the outside in stitched stars at the upper center of my background. Then I die cut the starry skies at each upper corner of my card. I was now able to use distress die inks to add some color to show through the die cuts. To finish the card off I made a gold border using glitter paper and 2 rectangle dies.


Sparkly Die Cuts Using Stickles Glitter


  Using the Galaxy Background I stamped a sentiment & stars from critters ever after by Lawn Fawn and embossed them in white embossing powder. I applied gilded gold stickles over the yelow paint to brighten the card up. I then die cut the Lawn Fawn Stitched Star Frames to add some interest. Next I decorated the stars with stickles. I also added 2 mini stars from the star frames die set and decorated them with stickles. Just a note: the stickles I had used went bad they were bubbly and runny. 

I hope you enjoyed today's cards. Thanks for stopping by.




No comments:

Post a Comment