Thursday, July 19, 2018

A Lawn Fawn Water Park / Lawn Fawnatics challenge 32

 Lawn Fawnatics challenge no.32


  Today's card was made for the Lawn Fawnatics challenge no. 32 color inspiration. I had used the mood board up on the Lawn Fawnatics blog to start mapping out my card out. I really like to get into the creativeness of the challenge, I never just take it easy and make a simple card. Here is a sample of the mood board to your right. 

  When I thought of this card it had really started with how can I incorporate a roller coaster into this ocean of a mood board. I did not want to just use a regular roller coaster so I started to think of what critter could I turn into a cart for another critter to ride in. Once I figured out that the narwhal fit in perfectly I just started to stamp all my favorite ocean images to fit into a scene. When I started to put my scene together I had to think of a way for the bear and squirrel like fox critter to go with the flow. After all you do not swim with your arms up in the air, but I could of had them catching some waves. I wanted to portray a lazy river (my personal favorite part of a water park). I looked at some of my stamps and than I remembered that I had a donut stamp and a tire that could have worked. I choose the donut, I just cut a little slit in the middle and stuffed those critters in. This was such a fun scene to put together.



I want to share with you the products I used and the details within my card. For my scene I used various Lawn Fawn stamp sets and the stitched wave dies by Lawn Fawn. The hillside I have is by mama elephant. All my images were colored with a color theme in mind using copic markers.  I very rarely buy the dies to go with my stamps so  all of the stamped images were cut out by hand (can you believe it). At the end I added wink of stella clear glitter over the darkest shade of color on pretty much every stamped image except for the animals. My mermaid was full on glitter from her tail to her top all the way up to her shell barret.  For the cotton candy and the shopping stand I added spinkled sugar stickles. This gives the cotton candy a true to sugar look.  I wanted more glitter in my card so I added a clear stardust stickles to the darkest wave and a peacock stickles to the lightest wave. I added Lawn Fawn's chunky glitter in the front of my card which allowed the scene to flow together.  I just have to say that this chunky glitter is the best I love it! A final touch of  detail was added to the balloons inner tubes and cotton candy using glossy accents.

Here is a close up of my favorite view on the card

Its really just so much fun creating with Lawn Fawn products. It keeps me busy and amused on those days that I am just staring at the t.v. while wondering through my head and wondering why I am bored. I am happy that you stopped by and I hope that I inspired you in some way.




No comments:

Post a Comment