Saturday, September 15, 2018

Trick-or-Treat: Lawnfawnatics Challenge 36

Today I am showing a card that I made to enter into the Lawnfawnatics challenge 36.  This challenge was all about using a mood board to inspire your crafting.

The mood board that I used had an autumn theme to it. Thinking of leaves changing and falling I had thought of Halloween. I choose to make a trick-or-treat card because what would be more fun!



I wanted to make my card spooky with a bright and fun feel to it! I choose some fun rainbow paper by Lawn Fawn and used a die to cut a banner out. Using orange paper I used the stitched star frame die to cut an orange star. I had also cut a stitched star out for the center of my card using a blue textured paper. I used a spooky fence border die along with a few types of grass border dies to make a scene. The spider web die that I used is called cute cobweb. It is such a fun die! All of the dies that I have used along with the stamped images you can find through Lawn Fawn. 


I added some distress ink to the edges of my die cuts to give them a dimensional look. For my orange star I added iridescent embossing powder, it looks so much more sparkly in person! I cut my spiders and cobweb out with a black paper attached to a double sided sticky paper. I then sprinkled them with a fine black glitter and for the spiders feet I added a green glitter.  Behind the cobweb you can find a velum paper that I colored with copics. At the top of my card I used a negative from the bayou backdrop as a stencil to add some black crackle paste. 

The rainbow banner that I had cut needed to be darkened so I followed the rainbow pattern and used distress inks around the edges. I had colored it a little too much and was able to fix it with a white pigment marker. I also darkened the edges using grey and black distress inks. I always try to fix something before throwing it out and restarting and usually I can still get the results that I want.



 All of my stamped images are from different lawn fawn sets. I colored all of the images in with copic markers.  I just love coloring with copics and it very well may be my most favorite part of making a card! I want to mention that you really do not need every copic out there. Just start with your favorite shade and pick one light-tone and one mid-tone to go with it.

Everyone have a great day and
until next time keep crafting!

Kris-Kit-Craft









4 comments:

  1. oh my gosh - this is SO cute! LOVE this halloween card! the glitter and the coloring of the images are ON POINT! SOOOOO CUTE! thank you SO much for playing along with the Lawn Fawnatics Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! All the fawnies always have something nice to say. I had so much fun making this card happen

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful scene you created, I don't know where to look. Your coloring is amazing and I love how you combined so many great Lawn Fawn products!. Thanks for sharing it with us at Lawn Fawnatics!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Everyone is always so sweet from Lawn Fawn. I really enjoyed making this card. I could not have done it without all the great Lawn Fawn products.

      Delete